Today at 12p and 1p ET respectively, the Indianapolis Colts and Apple Inc. will each hold press events. Each announcement centers around pop culture icons: Peyton Manning and the iPad HD.
It’s moments like this when I step back and look at human interaction with technology. If you’re a digital professional, you should observe these huge and closely-timed events with a critical eye and ask yourself these questions:
- What channels are people going to gravitate to get information?
- What channels will they use to dispense the news and then their opinion?
- What information gathering and dissemination techniques worked well?
- Which techniques needed improvement?
- What new techniques and tools bubbled to the top?
- To the Person Who Thinks Creating a Messy Desk will Infuse Creativity: Stop It.
- The Most Brutally Honest Reasons She Shouldn’t Have Kids
- How the Average Person Can Overcome the Fear of Learning Code
- 7 Years, 48 Global Brands, Infinite Friendships: My Time at Visual Goodness
- Web Design: How would you go about designing a beautiful web site?
- Advice for Young Art Directors—Pt. 1 People will Hate You
- What comes after the Information Society?
- Notes from Art Directors Club: StartUp
- The Mythological Trap of “Perfection” (a.k.a. “Growing up Asian”)
- What to Learn from the iPad and Peyton Manning Events Today